Pregnancy Food Checker’s mission is to help pregnant women (and their partners and families) make easier and safer food choices.
Our Editorial Policy:
All our content is reviewed by a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) for accuracy and in keeping with current advice on optimal maternal nutrition.
Our policy is to:
- Provide guidance, quote and cite information from reputable medical professionals, white papers, journals, and government sources, with links (where applicable) to the source used
- List clear, ‘real-life’ suggestions and brands rather than vague general information
- Give examples of common dishes that are safe, and ones to avoid
- Build upon existing advice given to pregnant women, particularly those who are pregnant for the first time
- Explain risk levels of certain foods, allowing pregnant women to make better choices on what to eat in which stage of pregnancy
- Banish myths, scaremongering and rumors about food in pregnancy and replacing this with broadly accepted research and science-backed answers
- Continually review food and pregnancy information and stay up-to-date on the latest news and research findings, and update the site’s content accordingly
Gina, our founder, is a former BBC Food professional. She created Pregnancy Food Checker in response to the amount of vague and confusing information about food in pregnancy. You can read more about Gina here.